Friday, April 10, 2020

Happy Friday!

Hello!  Happy Friday!  I hope everyone is doing well!  I have enjoyed reading to the children this week.  It is nice to see their faces and to watch them interact with each other!

Monday begins our "new phase" of learning.  In this new phase, we have been asked to continue to provide opportunities for the children to interact with each other and with me; however, we will also be starting new learning as well.  On Monday morning, a checklist of activities will be posted on our Kindergarten Remote Learning Site.  When you arrive at the site, please click on my name and Monday-Friday checklist of literacy and math activities will be posted.  Depending on the activity each day, your child (with your help!) may need to access a device, join a google hangouts, read independently, write, or work from the Home Connections math packet.

When you see the checklist on Monday, you will notice that on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays I will be meeting with small groups of children to facilitate math and literacy instruction via Google Hangout.  I have included a table below with the day and time your child's group will be meeting.  Please note that your child will be meeting with me twice a week...once for literacy and once for math.  Please have your child bring a pencil and paper or the dry erase marker and plastic sleeve (from the first packet we sent home) to these sessions as we will use them for our work together.  These groupings will run for three week and then I will change up the groups so the children get to interact and connect with a variety of classmates.  For your scheduling ease, I will send out Google Hangout invites for your child's time with the meeting link.  You will have the invite by Monday morning.

I realize that in this remote learning process, you have received many emails, directives, suggestions, and information regarding your child's learning.  It is also not lost on me that we are in the middle of a pandemic, a crazy and uncertain time.  With that in mind, please know that I only want you and your child to do what you can comfortably do each week.  As always, please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns....or if you just want to say hi!

Ms. Pinillos Group Work Schedule via Google Hangout
Reading/ Fundations Group Work
Math Group Work

Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
9:30-
10:00am
Joey
Arsenie
Lyvia
Ray
Alectra
Caroline
Norah
Jr.
Sabine
Hannah
Clementine
Roman
Henry
10:00-
10:30am
Hannah
Clementine
Roman
Henry
Joey
Arsenie
Lyvia
Ray
Madison
Winona
Camille
Alex
10:30-
11:00am
Madison
Winona
Camille
Alex
Nora P.
Violet
Leo
Zoe
Alectra
Caroline
Norah
Jr.
Sabine
11:00-
11:30am
Nora P.
Violet
Leo
Zoe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Summer!

We had a great last week of remote learning!  I so enjoyed watching everyone's talents during our Star Show!  I was so impressed with th...